The Barossa will welcome many of the best men's cyclists in the world on January 21 for the Tour Down Under's Stage 1 loop.
The Ziptrak® Stage 1 will start and finish in Tanunda, with a large 30km circuit connecting Bethany, Angaston, Penrice and Nuriootpa.
Santos Tour Down Under Race Director Mike Turtur said it was history in the making.
"This is only the second time in TDU history that a stage has been exclusively located in a region, outside of the Down Under Classic," said Turtur.
"A 30 km circuit around the Barossa region with the start and finish positioned in Tanunda will be a fan favourite, as will the King of the Mountain on Breakneck Hill - a first for the TDU."
With the 2019 event generating over $70 million in economic benefit for SA, Mayor Bim Lange said the Barossa would be the big winner in 2020.
"This is a great opportunity to draw people here for the day, or even longer, and give them a real taste of the Barossa," he said.
Tanunda town centre will have activities throughout the day including a family bike ride, kids' activity hub, entertainment, barbecue breakfast and lunch options and boutique pop-up bars.
Entries are also open in the Santos Best Dressed Town competition and Design a Jersey competition, with details available at www.barossa.sa.gov.au
For more information visit www.tourdownunder.com.au
Between 4am and 7pm:
- Murray St, Tanunda from Bushman Street to southern side of Keith St
- Greenwood Lane, Tanunda all residents
- Elizabeth St, Tanunda from Murray St to
- Bilyara Rd Bilyara Rd, Tanunda from Murray St to Park St
- Basedow Rd, Tanunda from Murray St to MacDonnell St
- 15.0km, Angaston, Penrice Road
- 75.0km, Angaston, Penrice Road
Subaru King of the Mountain
- 46.9km, Breakneck Hill Road (at power pole marked '55'), Angaston, Category 3, 3.6% gradient
- 106.9km, Breakneck Hill Road(at power pole marked '55'), Angaston, Category 3, 3.6% gradient
San Remo Pasta Feed Zone
- 30.0km, Main Street, Tanunda
- 60.0km, Main Street, Tanunda
- 90.0km, Main Street, Tanunda
- 120.0km, Main Street, Tanunda