Angaston's revival continues | PHOTOS

South Gawler continued their winning form with a 50-point drubbing of Gawler Centrals in the Matthew Knight Cup.

As good as South were, Centrals were extremely poor and on early form, it is going to be a long hard season for the once powerful Centrals.

Once again it was Patrick White, Dom Constanzo, Brock Judd Smith and Jacky boy Dare who were the main instigators in the constructive ball use for South while its defence led by Jimmy Ahearn was very, very good.

For Centrals, Billy Symons, Corey Solly and Andrew Wright never stopped trying. It could be time to bring back the King.

Angaston has made a giant statement by crushing last seasons premiers Nuriootpa by 27 points in the Anzac Day game played at the Nuri oval.

Angaston jumped out of the gates extremely well to notch up six first quarter goals and put Nuri under extreme pressure that they never really recovered from.

The Tigers managed only four goals in the first three quarters.

The Panthers dominated the game for the first three quarters, Jimmy Parker and Matt Blenkiron were strong at the contest to allow the running players of Angaston first use of the ball.

Nuri had several solid triers with Arlon Hall, Mitch "The" Norton, Bustling Billing Nichols and the Raikiwasa brothers leading the way.

Tanunda reaffirmed themselves as the flag favourites with a hard fought win over the luckless Barossa Districts by 22 points.

Barossa actually had more inside 50s, more scoring shots and slightly more of the ball but still lost due to inefficiency in front of goals.

Josh Trembath was a focal point in attack for Tanunda to finish with five goals. It is not the possessions Trembath has, but the scoring opportunities he makes for his teammates.

Old man Emu, Darren Sharp was very good for the Dogs, kicking four goals and making himself a target when they went into attack. Sharp, who has retired several times but comes back when he is really needed, plays with great heart and soul to bring confidence into the young Bulldogs team.

Freeling kept their unbeaten record intact with a strong win over Kapunda by 48 points. Kapunda, thanks to a scintillating six goal second quarter, led comfortably by 18 at halftime.

The second half was completely different, with Freeling crushing the previously unbeaten Kapunda - 12 goals to two. Players previously not sighted became match winners which Kapunda could not stop.

Tommy Taylor was a busy player for Freeling whether in attack or around the ground, Jayden Ruediger strong in defence, Josh Hand was handy with the ball and Alex Stengle was the best of a very good team.

Mad Maxi Neville was easily best player for Kapunda. Neville repeatedly won the ball only to see it go back over his head, especially in the second half.