Online votes cast by the public into this year's Scarecrow 'People's Choice' competition run by Barossa Herald have literally flooded in.
Almost 600 votes have so far been lodged to show praise for the 145 registered scarecrows now on the scene to highlight this year's Barossa Vintage Festival.
Currently, there is only one vote difference between the top two entries, Nose to Toes and Mona Gunna, both located at Nuriootpa.
Top 10 vote tally
- 1. Number 54 - Nose to Toes at Redeemer Lutheran Early Learning Centre
- 2. Number 61 - Mona Gunna at Barossa Physiotherapy
- 3. Number 66 - Before and After at Murray Street Boutique
- 4. Number 23 - The Skeleton Scarecrow of Dead Mans Pass at Gawler Visitor Information Centre
- 5. Number 74 - James Herriot of the Barossa at Barossa Veterinary Service
- 6. Number 120 - Ferdinand Kavel's Scarecrows at Tanunda Lutheran School Campus
- 7. Number 87 - Baby Scarecrow at private residence, 8 Acacia Street, Tanunda
- 8.Number 80 - Silly Point at private residence, 33 Stockwell Road, Stockwell
- 9. Number 106 - Gone Fishing at private residence, 120 Menge Road, Tanunda
- 10. Number 76 - Flora Herb Pot People at Barossa Nursery, Nuriootpa
"However, there is still plenty of time for people to cast their votes so keep them coming through," Scarecrow Competition committee member Michelle O'Rielly explained.
"For those who don't have access to a computer, The Barossa Council libraries provide free computer access and for those who don't have an email account, we encourage you to ask your children, grandchildren, friends, family or neighbours to cast a vote in your honour."
Votes for the People's Choice officially close on Friday, April 26 at 5pm and can be made by visiting www.barossaherald.com.au. Remember, one vote per person only.
Judges soon join to establish winners in the categories of:
- Best Residential - Wohlers $300 shopping spree
- Best Business/Organisation - $100 Tanunda Clubhouse voucher, six bottle of Tim Smith Wines
- Best Childcare Centre/Kindergarten (under 5s) - $150 Toyworld voucher and Kids Unite, gift pack
- Best Primary School - $250 Barossa Bowland voucher
- Best High School - $150 Visa Card voucher
- Random Draw - $250 pre-paid Visa Card donated by Felicity Cock
All these category winners and the People's Choice winner will be announced at 'Something in the Street', Angaston on Sunday, April 28.