Choosing the winner of Mayor Redman’s Christmas Card Competition was harder than ever this year, with nearly 500 entries were received from kids in the Town of Gawler.
Earlier this year, Mayor Karen Redman invited primary School students from Reception to Year Five who live or attend a school within the Town of Gawler to draw or paint a Christmas scene that they feel reflects what Christmas means to them.
“We were overwhelmed by the amount and the quality of entries. It was exciting to see our children’s interpretations of Christmas” said Mayor Redman.
Judging occurred during the October school holidays, where first, second and third places were selected for each of the three categories.
All place winners, family members and school representatives joined Mayor Redman at an Awards Ceremony held at the Gawler Administration Centre where all winners received a certificate, framed picture of their entry, set of personal cards using their entry image, and a voucher to the Gawler Books.
The winning entries from each category were printed onto Christmas Cards with the student’s name, year and school printed on the inside of the card.
“These will be my personal Christmas cards this year, showcasing the wonderful and talented children in Gawler,” said Mayor Redman.
Gawler Books also generously provided a bundle of books to each participating school.
Mayor Redman wishes to thank all the countless entries received. This year’s winners are listed below:
Category 1 - Reception and Year One
- First prize – Amelia Hain, Trinity College North
- Second prize – Felicity Veldkamp, Trinity College South
- Third Prize – Chloe Jewis, Trinity College North
Category 2 – Year Two and Three
- First prize – Alyssa Nicholls, Immanuel Lutheran School Gawler
- Second prize – Mahya Rabiei, Gawler Primary School
- Third Prize – Cooper Tuttle, Gawler East Primary School
Category 3 – Year Four and Five
- First prize – Mia Belkin, Trinity College North
- Second prize – Harry Justus, Gawler Primary School
- Third Prize – Lucy Stomaci, Immanuel Lutheran School Gawler
Winning entries will be displayed at Council sites throughout the Christmas season.
Read More: Christmas Card Competition now open