Chateau Tanunda have done it again – bringing home plenty of international accolades.
This time the winery at Basedow Road acquired 22 medals at the 2018 China Wine and Spirits Awards (CWSA).
The considerable achievement saw them receive 12 gold medals, plus five silver and five bronze.
“We are thrilled that our wines have been recognised for their exemplary quality by the most important group of distributors, buyers and sommeliers in China and Hong Kong,” managing director Michelle Geber said.
“The judges completely understand the unique tastes of Chinese consumers as well as being directly responsible for the purchase of more than 90 million bottles a year.
“We are honoured that our wines have been recognised and endorsed by these key decision makers in China,” Ms Geber said.
Among the gold medal winning wines were the new release 2017 Grand Barossa Shiraz along with the ‘Old Vine Expressions’ 2015 100-Year-Old Vines Shiraz, 2015 100 Year-Old-Vines Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre and the single vineyard 2016 Terroirs of the Barossa Greenock Shiraz.
The CWSA is the biggest and most prestigious wine and spirits competition in China.
The 100 judges are carefully selected for being the top buyers of wines and spirits for this market and work as importers, distributors, retailers and sommeliers’.
Wines and spirits are entered from 55 countries and are ‘blind tasted’.
- 100 Year Old Vines Shiraz 2015
- 100 Year Old Vines Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre 2015
- Terroirs of the Barossa Greenock Shiraz 2016
- Grand Barossa Shiraz 2017
- Grand Barossa Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2016
- The Three Graces Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc Merlot 2016
- The Three Graces Shiraz 2017
- ‘Whole Dam Family’ Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre 2016
- Heritage Label ‘Old Vine’ Shiraz 2017
- Dahlitz Merlot 2015
- Winemaker Barossa Old Vine Shiraz Cabernet 2017
- Winemaker Shiraz 2017
- 50 Year Old Vines Shiraz 2015
- 50 Year Old Vines Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- Terroirs of the Barossa ‘Eden Valley’ Shiraz 2016
- The Château Single Vineyard Eden Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- S238 Shiraz Cabernet 2016