Friday, October 13, is World Egg Day, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate than to share some of our favourite egg puns and jokes.
Got a favourite? Let us know!
We’re also looking for photos of weird and wonderful eggs.
There’s something about a perfectly shaped and coloured egg – but sometimes they come out looking a little funky!
Share your favourite jokes, puns and photos in the comments on our Facebook post, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t yolk with me
- You’re poaching my best yolks
- Happy Fry-day!
- Don’t be such a chicken
- Stay on the sunny side up
- That’s cracking
- Let’s hatch a plan
- Omelettin’ this slide
- Shell shock
- You’re such a rotten egg
- I’m scrambled
- I might whisk it!
- You’re so hard boiled
- Are you egg-noring me?
- A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
- Be careful what you say around egg whites. Everyone knows they can’t take a yolk.
- Why did the chicken take so long to cross the road? There was no eggs-press lane!
- Why did the egg regret being in an omelet? It wasn’t all it was cracked up to be!
- How does the Easter Bunny stay in shape during the off season? He gets lots of eggs-ercise!
- How did the omelet find out she was ill? She had an eggs-amination!
- What is an egg’s least favorite day of the week? Fry-day, of course!
- What’s the worst crime as far as an egg is concerned? Poaching!
- Where can you go to learn more about eggs? A hen-cyclopedia!
- What do you call a smart omelet? An egg head!
- How can you tell where the Easter Bunny has been? Eggs marks the spot!
- Why did the Easter egg hide? He was a little chicken!
- How do you make an egg roll? Just give it a little push!
- Why were the eggs running? Because they were afraid of being beaten!
- Why does the Easter Bunny paint eggs? Because it’s too hard to wallpaper them!
- Did you hear about the hen who laid her egg on an axe? She wanted to hatchet.
- How does the Easter Bunny feel after he’s made all his deliveries? Eggs-hausted!
- What did Snow White name her hen? Egg White!