National Australia Bank today announced its disaster relief package for customers affected by the bushfires in Pinery and SA’s Lower Mid North.
Measures available to customers include:
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Provision of support and counselling through NAB’s Employee Assistance Program
“This is a hard time for the people of Pinery and other communities in the area as they continue to face the real danger of bushfires,” NAB retails, SA and NT, general manager Gregg Harris said.
“We are here to support all NAB customers and the wider community. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.”
NAB is also supporting employees impacted by the bushfires and has made crisis leave available to permanent full-time and part-time staff.
- Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon - Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT)
- Small business that need help can call 1300 965 577
- Emergency claims 1300 555 013
- Property and motor vehicle insurance assistance 132 652
Beyond Bank Australia will donate $30,000 for residents of SA devastated by the fires.
The money will be dispersed through the Vinnie’s Bushfire Appeal for distribution to those in urgent need of support.
Beyond Bank CEO Robert Keogh said the appeal would provide financial support to the residents of SA in this time of need.
“The immediate danger for locals is not over, the painful process of letting residents visit their homes to see what’s been lost has begun. Beyond Bank Australia will help provide support to affected residents during the rebuilding process,” Mr Keogh said.
“Our thoughts are with the victims, their friends, families and everyone who is affected by this disaster. We encourage anyone who would like to add their support to visit a Beyond Bank Australia branch or our website for more information.
“We also want to make sure that Beyond Bank Australia customers know we are here to help if they have been affected by the fires, and we’re encouraging them to come and talk to us if they are concerned about their financial situation due to losses suffered in the blaze.
“Please get in touch with Beyond Bank Australia if you wish to support – every little bit helps.
“It’s at times like this we always see so many amazing people pulling together to help others. There have already been countless demonstrations over the last few days where we have seen exactly that and I am sure we will see many more as the community comes together to support each other.”
Commonwealth Bank has activated its Emergency Assistance Package for customers and businesses affected by the bushfires in SA.
The bank has established a dedicated phone line to assist those who may need to discuss their circumstances and our staff are on hand to help.
If you need assistance or advice, please call 1300 720 814 or visit a branch.
Special arrangements are in place to support Commonwealth Bank and CommInsure customers should they need it, and staff are ready to assist them promptly with their financial concerns and enquiries.
As part of the Bank’s Emergency Assistance Package, it can help discuss a range of options, including:
- Emergency accommodation assistance for CommInsure customers whose homes have been damaged by the fire.
- Expediting claims to CommInsure for customers seeking help through their home, contents and motor vehicle insurance.
- Customised assistance for Commonwealth Bank home loan, credit card and personal loan customers who may experience difficulties because of the fires.
- Considering requests for additional loans including emergency credit limit increases (subject to credit approval).
- Loan restructuring for business customers with existing loans.
- Waiving prepayment charges over the next month for affected customers wishing to access term deposits and Commonwealth Investment Bonds ahead of the maturity date.
- Waiving other selected fees and charges.
Commonwealth Bank understands that each customer will have different needs and encourages affected customers to discuss their individual circumstances by either phoning 1300 720 814 or visiting their nearest open branch.
Rabobank has extended support measures being made available to farming clients affected by bushfires to assist those impacted by this week’s severe fires in SA.
Rabobank state manager for SA James Robinson said the specialist agribusiness bank would offer a range of measures to assist bush-fire affected clients in the state.
“These current fires – particularly the severe fire burning on the Lower North Plains, north of Adelaide – have been devastating, with tragically the loss of two lives and a number of injuries,” he said.
“Our staff have been attempting to make contact with our farming clients in bushfire- affected areas over the past two days to ensure they are safe and see what assistance we can provide.
“At this point, it is too early to gauge the full extent of damage to agriculture. There will be a number of farmers affected with, sadly, loss of livestock and damage to infrastructure, plant and machinery and crops.”
Mr Robinson said the bank would adopt its standard practice of working directly with individual clients in affected areas to help support them through immediate difficulties.
Clients in applicable circumstances impacted by the fires would be eligible for a range of individually-tailored support measures, including:
- deferral of scheduled loan repayments
- waiving of break costs on early redemption of Farm Management Deposits
- waiving of fees on loan increases necessary to assist in rebuilding operations and
- waiving of fees for equipment finance contract variations.
Mr Robinson said any impacted clients who have concerns and had not yet spoken to the bank to contact their local branch or phone Rabobank on 1800 025 484.